Re: [Xen-devel] GPU Passthrough without VT-d

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try to look into it.

-
Dushyant

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Kai Huang <kai.k.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In general you cannot do pci passthrough for HVM without IOMMU (vt-d) support, as we need VT-d to support guest physical address to machine address translation for DMA.

However, theoretically, you can do it by hacking Xen to setup identical (1:1) mappings for guest's memory, but it's not a pretty way and you should expect to suffer lots of tricky corner case bugs.

Thanks,
-Kai