Re: [Xen-devel] Serious issues with xenpaging

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 04:17:43PM -0500, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 02:51:14PM -0500, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:

> >> Not sure what the question is. There is one interface. What I was
> >> referring to, is that tools/xenpaging implements one specific paging
> >> policy: victim selection, rate limiting, paging target, all of these are
> >> algorithms that entirely define what bang for your money you will get.
> >>

> > Right, but there is other code that uses this interface as well correct?
> > Is it available for users ?
>
> That I know of, Gridcentric's product. It's available as proprietary software
> for a fee. I am unaware of a sharing user other than Gridcentric. Virtuata
> was a mem-event user, Gridcentric is, and others have surfaced on the list
> (Razvan Cocajaru for instance).

In the context of
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/GSoc_2014#Lazy_restore_using_memory_paging
should that be removed then? As the dependency of it would be to first
'un-bitrot' it and that
might take more than the original GSoC problem statement describes??