Re: [Xen-devel] Bringing up sequence for non-boot CPU fails

On Tue, 2014-03-04 at 18:50 +0200, Oleksandr Tyshchenko wrote:

> > I think the 3 clean_xen_dcache should be replaced by a clean and invalidate
> > dcache.
>
> I have checked. It works!

Excellent. Thanks for testing.

> Thank you very much.
>
> How it should be properly made for mainline? Shall it be a separate
> macro clean_and_invalidate_xen_dcache()
> (and function clean_and_invalidate_xen_dcache_va_range()) which will
> be called three times
> (only for boot pagetables) from setup_pagetables()?

I think we should duplicate clean_xen_dcache as
clean_and_invalidate_xen_dcache (with the obvious difference) and use it
in these three places.

If your cpp-fu is up to it you could perhaps even manage to turn
clean_xen_dcache into a common helper __maintain_xen_dcache used by both
clean_xen_dcache and clean_and_invalidate_xen_cache, passing either
clean or clean_and_invalidate as an argument and doing some cpp token
pasting to make the final call.