Re: [Xen-devel] Issues with latest staging tree starting PV guest.

>>> On 04.03.14 at 03:52, Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I reinstalled my system with fedora 19, then installed xen. Got the
> latest xen tree, cs 79de2d3. Then I built copied xen, tools. But running
> into minor issues, which are new in 4.5 for me:
>
>   1. xl cr -c vm.cfg.pv : it doesn't throw the pygrub menu on terminal,
>      and the guest remains paused. However, if I contrl C, xl unp, then
>      xl console, I see guest booting.

Sounds relatively similar to what d6ac84ca was supposed to
address; odd.

>   2. When I do halt in it, it remains suspended but doesn't get
>   destroyed.
>
>   3. I setup xenbr, added vif line as always:
>         vif = ['type=netfront,bridge=xenbr0']
>
>     But now get:
>      libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1226:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable
>     to add nic devices

I've been seeing this relatively regularly for quite some time, but
only ever on the first try to start a guest after host boot. The
second try always succeeded for me so far, so I attributed it to
some race that I didn't find time to investigate so far.

Jan