Re: [Xen-devel] Source tree tidy

On Mon, 2014-03-03 at 11:57 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> On 03/03/14 11:51, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Andrew Cooper writes ("Source tree tidy"):
> >> Looking through the root of the git tree, there are some files which
> >> appear to be remnants of legacy source code management systems, and thus
> >> are good candidates for deletion.

> >> .bk-to-hg
> >> .rootkeys
> >> .hg-to-bk
> > I have no idea what these are but if we think anyone is using
> > bitkeeper I would want an explanation of what they are and what
> > implications there might be for removing them.
> >
> > But probably no-one is using bitkeeper, in which case we can remove
> > them.

I think it is vanishingly unlikely and IIRC the bk->hg transition was
long before Xen 3.0.0 even.

> >> .hgsigs
> > Doesn't this latter contain information which hg needs if it wants to
> > verify a signed tag which was made with hg ?
> >
> In theory, yes, although in practice the public half of the key used to
> sign them doesn't appear to be published.

Isn't it 0x57e82bd9? That one is on the keyservers. I don't have an hg
tree handy to check it is actually used (we use it now though I think).

> The signed tags cover 4.1.0-rc1 thru 4.2.0-rc4, missing the releases
> themselves, so are not particularly interesting to verify.

Since the release (and therefore sigs) would have been made on the
X.Y-testing.hg tree perhaps the release tags will be in the release
branch version of the file? Although maybe the original hg->git
conversion didn't pick that up?