[Xen-devel] [BUG] xl create -c with pygrub hangs in xen 4.4.0-rc5

I was trying xen-4.4.0-rc5 with my standard set up (booting a pv guest using pygrub as a bootloader) but this no longer works. I would expect to get a boot menu where I could select a kernel and the guest, but nothing happens. If I examine the bootloader.1.log file I find the pygrub output I would expect to see on the console, and the output of xenstore-ls suggests pygrub is selecting the default kernel (as it would without input) and exiting, but xentop doesn't report any cpu usage on the guest. It seems xl has created a child process that doesn't exit, though if I kill the child process by hand the boot does continue.

I traced the change in behaviour to the commit http://xenbits.xenproject.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=5f0c4a78100382972b4d2a71a04b90e015e9fe87 "libxl: fork: Share SIGCHLD handler amongst ctxs". If I revert this then I get the expected behaviour again, though I haven't worked out why this patch cause the effects I am seeing.

        Michael Young