Re: [Xen-devel] q35 in xen? vfio in xen?

Hi Konrad,

Here's what I see when start a VM under xen using pciback to pass a pci-e
device into domU.  The device can be seen by guest, and also functioning fine.
But it's not seen as a pci-e device, rather, it looks just like an ordinary pci
device because only the first 0x100 bytes of its configuration space is
accessible.  So if a driver needs to use data in the extended configuration
space for certain features, it will fail.

When you say you "did PCIe pass through of an VF of an SR-IOV device".  Are you
actually using it as a pci-e device or have throttled it back to pci mode
without aware of the difference?  If you did see the pci-e device in guest, can
you share your xl.cfg file as well as lspci/lspci -t/lspci -xxxx output from
guest?

Also to echo your second comment:  I might still be a newbie in qemu field (I
started working on this 4 months ago).  I thought the chipset limits what you
can see/do in vm.  Ie.  If you have 440fx emulations then you can't have any
pci-e devices (fake or passthru) in the same system.  Is that not true?

Regards/Eniac