Re: [Xen-devel] Release, RC5, and branching

On 02/21/2014 02:18 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 21.02.14 at 15:03, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So it's now been several days, and no one has reported any major issues
with RC4.  There are a handful of ARM-related fixes in the tree.

I propose that we tag RC5 today, and make that the official release
(whenever we're ready to with the Linux Foundation PR process).

After tagging RC5 this afternoon, I don't see much reason not to branch
-- I don't think at this point we're going to get much more testing in.

Thoughts?
Fine with me, albeit it seems a bit pointless to me to have another
RC, in particular if we expect this to become the release.

Isn't that what RC stands for -- release candidate? :-)

 -George