Re: [Xen-devel] Strange interdependace between domains

On gio, 2014-02-20 at 07:07 +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 18.02.2014 19:06, Dario Faggioli wrote:

> > While this one, although a bit more "boring" than the above, would
> > probably be something quite valuable to have!
> >
> > I can only think of rather expensive ways of implementing it, involving
> > going through all the cpupools and, for each cpupool, through all its
> > cpus and check the topology relationships, but perhaps there are others
> > (I'll think harder).
> >
> Adding some information like this would be nice, indeed. But I think we should
> not limit this to just hyperthreads. There are more levels of shared
> resources,
> like caches or memory interfaces on the same socket. In case we want to add
> information about potential performance influences due to shared resources, we
> should be more generic.

All true... To the point that I know also wonder what a suitable
interface and a not too verbose output configuration could be...

> And what about some NUMA information? Wouldn't it be worthwhile to show memory
> locality information as well? This should be considered to be displayed by
> "xl list", too.

Indeed. I actually have an half backed series doing right that. It's a
bit more complicated (still from an interface point of view), as that
info resides in Xen, and some new hcall or similar is required to
retrieve that.

I'll post it in early 4.5 dev cycle.

Regards,
Dario