Re: [Xen-devel] xm/xl shutdown does not work with HVM guest

> I'm use SLES SuSE 11 SP3.
As you initial domain or your guests? If it is with SLES does the issue
show up if you use the latest version of Xen?

We have two VMs. One is a WindRiver based VM and the other one a SLES SuSE 11 SP2 VM.

SuSE 11 SP2 VM shutdown properly with xen_platform_pci=0 however WR one does not and hence the question what config or driver do I need to enable in WR HVM guest such that it accepts 'xl/xm trigger <vm> power'?

Thanks,
/Saurabh

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:50:12AM -0800, Saurabh Mishra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know what should be configured in the HVM guest such that it
> accepts 'xm/xl shutdown' graceful shutdown signal.
>
> 'xm/xl shutdown' works great when I have xen_platform_pci=1 (PV on HVM)
> however whenever I disable xen_platform_pci=0, it does not work.

Right. That is expected.

> I also tried 'xl/xm trigger <vm> power' and this too does not work if
> xen_platform_pci=0 is set. We do have lot of PCI pass-through devices.

Oh, that looks to be a bug then.