Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save Image Format proposal (draft B)

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save Image Format proposal (draft
B)"):
> But there's nothing wrong per-se with having the endianness of an image
> be explicit in the file formats header, even if it is a bit redundant.

Right.

> Note that the initial header has to be in some fixed endianness, but
> it's a small handful of bytes which only occurs once, I don't think the
> byte swapping is an issue there.

Given that it has to be some fixed endianness, and we don't want to
write code which will go wrong if we want to support a big endian
arcdh in the future, the code we write now must include byteswapping
calls.

Those calls are simple if the specified endianness is big endian.
Also, making it be the opposite of the native for popular platforms
means we're more likely to notice if we miss any endian fix calls.