Re: [Xen-devel] Domain Save Image Format proposal (draft B)

On Tue, 2014-02-11 at 12:09 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > > Now might be a good time to remove this intertwining? I suppose
> 60-bits
> > > is a lot of pfn's, but if the VMs address space is sparse it isn't
> out
> > > of the question.
> >
> > I don't think we want to consider systems with > 64 bits of address
> > space so 60-bits is more than enough for PFNs.
>
> Is it? What about systems with 61..63 bits of address space?

Nevermind, another reply in the thread reminded me that these are PFNs,
so 64-bit PFN == 72 bits of address space.

Although, perhaps it would be better to spec this as nibble and a 60-bit
field rather than by pretending the top of a 64-bit field is special.

(or an octet and a 7 octet field if you prefer)