Re: [Xen-devel] xen-4.3 port

On Jan 28, 2014, at 11:34 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:21:34PM +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> i'm working on port xen-4.3 to DilOS (illumos based platform).
>>
>> i have problems with PV guest load.
>> dom0 started, i can see info by 'xl info'.
>>
>> first: i see platform ID=38, but i couldn't found it in xen/public/platform.h
>>
>> Jan 28 01:16:44 myhost privcmd: == HYPERVISOR_platform_op 38
>> Jan 28 01:16:44 myhost privcmd: unrecognized HYPERVISOR_platform_op 38
>>
>> could you please let me know - what is it the 38 platform hypercall ?
>
> tmem_op

tmem_op defined at xen/public/xen.h, but 38 ID not defined at
xen/public/platform.h

>> next problem: i try to create a new PV guest by 'xm create dilos.cfg'
>> i see on dom0 logs requests to hypercall ID=38 - i see it is
>> __HYPERVISOR_tmem_op
>
> You sure it is dom0? Not the guest?
yes - it is in dom0 log.

>> do i need implement it first ?
>
> No. But you should have stub functions in your hypercall page to at least
> return -ENOSYS for everything you don't implement.

based on current code i see:
return -X_EINVAL;
will it be correct to return it if ID not implemented ?

> How do you construct your hyperpage?

example here :
https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/blob/master/usr/src/uts/i86xpv/io/privcmd_hcall.c

from line: 379