[Xen-devel] Error after running pygrub with xen 4.4-rc2

I get the following error after running pygrub when launching a guest with xen 4.4-rc2.

xenconsole: Could not open tty `': No such file or directory
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: console child [0] exited with error status 2

After this the boot continues normally, but once the console exits the tty settings are wrong and key presses aren't echoed. I believe the error above is from a xenconsole session launched when pygrub is, and this exits because the guest generally hasn't started. A second run of xenconsole serves the console output after that. I have occasionally noticed with this and earlier xen versions that I have to press ^] after pygrub finishes before the boot continues, so I would guess that in some cases the first xenconsole run lasts long enough to get a console connection which has to be ended before the boot proceeds. Hence I suspect the behaviour hasn't changed in this version, and only the error message is new.

        Michael Young