Re: [Xen-devel] [TestDay] Xen crash on boot

On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 11:16 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:

> But you didn't turn on interrupt remapping, or it got forcibly
> disabled:
>
> [Firmware Bug]: AMD-Vi: No southbridge IOAPIC found
> AMD-Vi: Disabling interrupt remapping

Jan,

If there is not a specific switch required to enable interrupt remapping
while booting 3.12.7 on bare hardware, then it was forcibly disabled.
Would boot logs from xen 4.1.3 be helpful?  If so, they are attached.

> If
> the kernel responds to that mentioned firmware bug by forcing
> interrupt remapping off, maybe we would have to do the same...
>
> Jan

That would be better than xen failing to boot.

Thanks,

-Eric