Re: [Xen-devel] Delays on usleep calls

Hi Dario,

> Can I ask how the numbers (for DomU, of course) looks like now?

They are all 31 ms, so minimal overhead is achieved. However, it looks like we still have some gremlins in there: from boot to boot this time can change to 39 ms. So without Xen scheduler being active sleep latency stabilizes, but not always on a correct value.

> Another thing I'll try, if you haven't done that already, is as follows:
> - get rid of the DomU
> - pin the 2 Dom0's vCPUs each one to one pCPU
> - repeat the experiment

Yeah, we have tried this as well and it gives us almost the same result as in previous case: sleep latency in dom0 is not present, so we get 30 to 31 ms on 30 ms sleep without any variations.

> If that works, iterate, without the second step, i.e., basically, run
> the experiment with no pinning, but only with Dom0.

Still good results. Problems are showing only when we have domU actually being running.

Regards,
  Pavlo