[Xen-devel] Results from the Xen 4.4-rc2 test day

Hello,

I participated in (a rather extended version of) the 4.4-rc2 test day,
and rc2 got a full XenRT nightly run in the XenServer testing system.

For the setup, the comparison is against XenServer trunk, which is
currently Xen-4.3-staging based (plus patch queue), Linux 3.10.y dom0
kernel, CentOS 6.4 based dom0 userspace.

The tested version had Xen 4.4 (staging, as I needed the ABI fix) in
place of Xen-4.3, but identical dom0 kernel, dom0 userspace, qemu,
toolstack and windows PV drivers.

The major issue identified is with Windows 8/8.1 and Server 2012/2012r2,
which have problems on live migrate.  Some source of time is
unexpectedly jumping forwards by two days, from the correct time to 2
days in the future.  The observed result is that it looses its DHCP
lease, drops its IP address and networking ceases to work (It appears
that windows will not attempt to renew the lease itself).

I am currently investigating which source of time is jumping forwards,
but this does appear to be a regression directly attributable to Xen 4.4.

~Andrew