Re: [Xen-devel] micro-pv

On ven, 2014-01-17 at 13:46 -0300, Simon Martin wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Simon!

> Just a quick heads up to all that helped me with this. It is now
> working. I have a simple context switcher running and I am currently
> working on my embedded OS initialisation. All is looking good. Thanks
> for your help.

Cool. First of all, thanks for the update. Also, congrats on getting to
this point! :-)

> Once I have got the OS running and communicating via the Xen console I
> will then then have to revisit the real time performance aspects. I
> imagine that will be in February now. Is there anyone able and willing
> to help me to get up to speed in that area of the Xen codebase?

Well, that is going to be a pretty new thing for Xen, so we all will
have to investigate and learn where the latency bottlenecks reside, and
what are the major threat to determinism, within the whole Xen
architecture and codebase.

Not sure this is the answer you'd have been hoping for, but I definitely
am up for going through that path and learn together. :-)

Timing wise, February, i.e., right after coming back from FOSDEM, would
be almost perfect for me. :-D

Thanks again and Regards,
Dario