Re: [Xen-devel] translate pirq to irq

Hi Andrew,

On Jan 12, 2014, at 10:29 PM, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> On 11/01/2014 22:59, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I see a comment in physdev.h for 'struct physdev_map_pirq', var 'pirq':
>> /* IN - high 16 bits hold segment for MAP_PIRQ_TYPE_MSI_SEG */
>>
>> i have received 'pirq' from hypervisor > 255.
>>
>> map_irq.domid = DOMID_SELF;
>>
>> map_irq.type = MAP_PIRQ_TYPE_MSI;
>>
>> map_irq.index = -1; /* hypervisor auto allocates vector */
>>
>> map_irq.pirq = -1;
>>
>> map_irq.bus = busnum;
>>
>> map_irq.devfn = devfn;
>>
>> map_irq.entry_nr = i;
>>
>> map_irq.table_base = 0;
>> rc = HYPERVISOR_physdev_op(PHYSDEVOP_map_pirq, &map_irq);
>>
>> irqno = map_irq.pirq;
>>
>> i have:
>> irqno = 279 - it is more APIC_MAX_VECTOR(255)
>>
>> i have a question: how to correct translate pirq to irq for APIC map table ?
>>
>> all work well on xen-3.4, but it has another realization in function
>> physdev_map_pirq() then for xen-4.2.
>
> Is this for a PV or HVM guest?  I suspect PV, in which case the irqno
> handed back will be the event channel on which the notification will
> arrive, and has nothing to do with regular IDT vectors.

it is for dom0.

full boot log with xen debug info and DDI_DEBUG on illumos you can find here :
http://apt2.dilos.org/dilos/logs/putty.log.dom0.txt

if it is possible - could you please let me know how to work MSI irq
translation to APIC irq table for xen-4.2 ?

i see - in xen code we have a range from 16 to 784 for 4 CPU for MSI IRQ
(irq_create() function)
but - how to correct translate it to APIC IRQ (physical irq)?

> ~Andrew

-Igor