Re: [Xen-devel] passing smbios table from qemu

On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 16:58 +0000, Zhang, Eniac wrote:
> None of the things you mentioned addresses my needs where I wanted to
> passpartof SMBIOStable to guest thus make it look more like the
> physical host we are running on.

I thought that was why the code to let various bits of the tables be set
from xenstore was for -- to allow the tools to propagate bits of host
smbios tables. Is it just not covering some specific value you are
interested in?

>  I actually made it work by some extra code.  The change is small but
> I would like to haveour corporate legal staffreview itbefore releasing
> that to xen community.

Understood.

> On top of that, I still doubt that who-else would be interest in this
> except myself.  After all, the essence of virtualization is to
> abstract physical systems rather than trying to make guest looks
> similar to the host.

As I say some of the existing code is there to serve this usecase, I
don't think it is that weird, e.g. on the client end in particular.

Ian,.