Re: [Xen-devel] [GPLPV] exclude xenscsi from installer, since it is not compiled

> > After applying the patch the win8 driver compilation, gives the
> > following error and warning:
> >   1>xenvbd.c(463): error C2220: warning treated as error - no 'object'
> > file generated
> >   1>xenvbd.c(463): warning C4152: nonstandard extension, function/data
> > pointer conversion in expression
> >
> > The line in question is the following:
> >   HwInitializationData.HwFindAdapter = XenVbd_HwStorFindAdapter;
> >
> > XenVbd_HwStorFindAdapter is the data structure which you have
> > corrected a few lines in, in the patch. As it is a level 4 warning, it
> > can be ignored by setting /W3 in the MSC_WARNING_LEVEL. However I
> > suspect that it would be preferred to find the cause of the warning.
>
> That would imply that my function definition doesn't match the expected
> function definition in the HW_INITIALIZATION_DATA structure, but according
> to the docs I have everything right. Can you check the storport headers and
> check the declaration there against my function?

For windows 8 and newer HwFindAdapter is declared as
  PVOID                                 HwFindAdapter;
While for earlier versions of windows it is declared as:
  PHW_FIND_ADAPTER              HwFindAdapter;

Hope this helps you.