Re: [Xen-devel] sources of freebsd with xen-4.2 kernel updates

On 30/12/13 11:57, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> thanks for the link.
> I have the same/(similar the same) implementation on illumos(OpenSolaris).
>
> do you have plans for grant table v1 & v2 implementation on FreeBSD ?

Grant table v1 is the current implementation, and I don't have plans
currently to add support for v2 (cannot speak of others though).

Linux has v2 implemented, but AFAIK there's no user of the new features
introduced by v2. Right now with v2 you just end up with less grants,
because v2 grants metadata use twice as much memory as v1 grants, and
the number of grant frames is limited by the hypervisor.

Roger.