Re: [Xen-devel] GPLPV questions

Il 27/12/2013 23:52, James Harper ha scritto:
Il 13/02/2013 23:26, James Harper ha scritto:

                problem with windows domUs (DC and client) in a windows
domain where
                the time source is DC by default.

        I noticed that recently. I can't think how it could be a GPLPV bug
though.

        James

I saw this doc:
http://docs.vmd.citrix.com/XenServer/5.0.0/1.0/en_gb/guest.html#window
s_time
... it is important to have up-to-date Windows PV drivers installed, as they
notify the Windows kernel that a time synchronization is required after
resuming.

I believe that citrix pv have a sort of forced windows clock update after
domU restore.
Such forced update seems missed on gplpv.
Is it possible to have implemented something similar on gplpv?

Do you know if it's the virtual 'time of day' hardware clock that is now wrong
and windows needs to synchronise to an external time source, or if windows just
needs to resync to the hardware clock?

James

Thanks for the reply.
I don't know if is virtual or hardware clock to resync.
When I do save/restore of windows domUs (with gplpv) inside domain on restore the domain users are unable to login until windows time will be updated. I also enabled ntp and tried to set very low time between every ntp check but however, it takes a long time to synchronize.
I did a fast search on citrix pv and probably the time update is here:
https://github.com/xenserver/win-xeniface/blob/master/src/win32stubagent/XService.cpp
on finishSuspend function, there is this comment: /* We need to resync the clock when we recover from suspend/resume. */