Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Is PVH a blocker?

>> > rm -Rf tools/firmware/seabios-dir* tools/qemu-xen*
>> > rebuilt and had the same issue :-(
>>
>> Hmm so taking it forward doesn't cut it .. going back is probably going to
>> be searching for a needle in a haystack.
>> Finding many incomptabilities. I tried it with vga passthrough to find back
>> a working config i knew i once had .. but to no avail :-(

> Yikes. Do you get a similar error message in QEMU?

Nope my problem (at present) is with the rom bar, that is special cased around
everywhere (hvmloader, seabios, qemu, guest kernel).
And it appears all fine, but in fact in the guest it isn't backed by the actual
rom data (neither by a copy, neither by passing it through).

Already tried by letting hvmloader load it as a optionrom, but that didn't cut
it.

When dumping the rom of the devices passed through in the guest,
i was seeing al kinds of romdata from the emulated devices at the address given
to the passed through devive,
but not the romdata from the passedthrough device.

And that was when i stumbled upon the whole xen_platform_pci problem,
as i was trying to switch of as many emulated devices as possible (in the hope
it was some interference between those.

After that tried KVM .. to see if it is in any way feasible and possible with
my system (iommu + gfx card),
that resulted in almost instant succes .. so yes it should be possible ...