Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Is PVH a blocker?

>>> On 17.12.13 at 00:45, Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aaah, we are so close, it looks like other than patch 6, all others
> are ok. The patch #6 had 3 comments from Tim:
>
>    - switch order in write_ept_entry() : Done.
>    - Add check in Non-ept code: done.
>    - Release of refcnt in case of p2m teardown: Since this only applies
>      to control domain being destroyed, I don't think it's that critical
>      for 4.4, so submitting a separate patch for it. That should make the
>      series eligible for 4.4 assuming Tim OK's the above two changes.

The question really is how sure you and Tim are that the improper
refcounting can really only affect PVH control domain teardown.
If any other path can result in leaks/mistakes here, this would be
unacceptable. And considering how tricky some of the recounting
has become over time, I'm personally not convinced yet that you're
not introducing issues onto unrelated code paths.

Jan