Re: [Xen-devel] XEN[ARM] Master not working on Allwinner A20

On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 08:54 +0100, peter wrote:
> Goodmorning building the latest master of XEN
> d9639236: Ian Campbell, xen: arm: correct return value of
> raw_copy_{to/from}_guest_*, raw_clear_guest
> For the Allwinner A20 arm board XEN is giving me this error:
> [...]
> (XEN) ****************************************
> (XEN) Panic on CPU 0:
> (XEN) Failed to allocate contiguous memory for dom0
> (XEN) ****************************************
> (XEN)
> (XEN) Reboot in five seconds...
>
> When i follow the tutorial for the Allwinner board
> (http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Allwinner)
> And checkout to: 720f45ad: Julien Grall, xen/evtchn: Fix build on ARM
> XEN is working fine for me.

720f45ad..d9639236 is quite a big range but it does contains some 1:1
mapping changes. You are giving dom0 512M out of 1024M of RAM -- there
shuold be that much free at this stage of the boot but I wonder if we
are trying to allocate the memory aligned to 512M as well -- which
equates to exactly two region and allocating any one page from one of
them will cause us to fail to find 512M.

Can you try a smaller dom0 allocation, e.g. 256M or 128M?

To what extent did 720f45ad work for you? Did it actually mount its
rootfs (which device? mmc?) and run guests without I/O errors?

You could also try reverting 6c21cb36 although I can't immediately see
what would be wrong with it.