Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: RC0 imminent

[Adding @publicity, Mukesh and Konrad]

On gio, 2013-12-05 at 16:29 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, George Dunlap
> > I was thinking that for some of our new features, it would be good to
> > have a blog post describing the feature and how to test it.  This
> > would both raise awareness of the feature, and hopefully get it more
> > testing before the release.  We could choose a couple to focus on for
> > each test day.

That's a really cool idea. I was also thinking about something like
that, but more as something 'post-release'.

However, if we can get some, or all, of these posts in time for test
days, that would be even better.

> Features which might be worth highlighting for testing in blogs:
>
> * Non-udev scripts for driver domains (non-Linux driver domains)
>  - Roger Pau Monne

That would make a very cool blog post indeed. Roger?

> * PHV domU (experimental only)

We definitely should have something about PVH being finally available on
the blog. Mukesh? Konrad? Or perhaps George?

> * Improved Spice support on libxl
>  - Fabio Fantoni

Same here.

> * Event channel scalability
>  - David Vrabel

There has been something already, I think about the design/proposal.
Still, it would be good to have a follow-up. However, among this an
kexec, in case David's time is limited (;-P) I probably think kexec is a
more fancy feature to do some fuss about. :-)

> * pvgrub2 checked into grub upstream (external)
>  - Vladmir Servinenko

Yep, and I explicitly asked Vladimir a while back if he'd be
interested...

> * Guest EFI booting (tianocore)
>  - Wei Liu

Sure.

> * kexec -- is this worth testing?
>  - David Vrabel

Ditto.

> * Disk: indirect descriptors (in 3.11)
>  - ?

This also has been covered. So, unless there is something really new
here, I'd rather have Roger blogging about non-Linux driver domains.

> Are people willing to step up and write a brief description of what
> the feature is, as well as a quick guide for how to test it?

And, anyone interested to do that in the form of a blog post, namely,
write that description directly in a blog article, please, contact me
for the details.

Of course, whatever form you want to provide the above is fine, we can
do the work of putting it on the blog.

Thanks and Regards,
Dario