Re: [Xen-devel] Why does xc_map_foreign_range() refuse to map pfns below 1M from a domU

Razvan and I are working together to find a solution to this. I took
your patch for a spin and while that code path is taken when invoking
xc_map_foreign_range(), the call still fails with EINVAL. I haven't yet
determined if the call stops in the domU kernel or it reaches xen and
gets terminated there. I've tried this on Ubuntu's 3.8. on top of
XenServer's xen-4.3.1.

Not sure why the patch doesn't work for you (you applied it to domU kernel which ties to map, right?), but before we applied this, the EINVAL was coming from hypervisor's HYPERVISOR_mmu_update in xen_remap_domain_mfn_range(), since the PTE constructed by xen_make_pte was invalid for the other domain.
Thanks,