[Xen-devel] Crashing with Xen (Debian Wheezy) 4.1 (deb) and 4.4 (source)

        Hi,

        I have a system (AMD FX 8320 w/8GB RAM) that I am trying to get working
with Xen. The system is installed with Debian Wheezy (7.2). I have used the
pre-built xen packages and followed the instructions in the Debian Xen wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/Xen

        I get a crash (relevant kernel panic attached) very soon after boot on
the Debian Xen 4.1 version using the stock kernel (3.2.0-4-amd64).
        I decided to remove the xen debian packages, make my own kernel
(3.2.52)
with the Xen virtualization enabled and try that one. Normally the machine
runs fine with it (i.e. as a regular machine). I compiled the Xen 4.4 from
source and it compiled and installed without problems. When enabling the Xen
kernel (via the same method as Debian - I kept the grub script
/etc/grub.d/08_linux_xen ) I can boot Xen 4.4.

        I get a crash AGAIN (and unfortunately I can find no log of it, but the
oops on the screen talked about kernel paging request again).

        Any hints on what I should look at? This is just without any VMs
configured at all, just trying to get a stable Dom0 so I can even consider
using Xen.

        Thanks in advance,

        Derek