Re: [Xen-devel] GTX 760 passed through

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 06:36:48PM +0100, Nvidia Reverse wrote:
> The nvlddmkm.sys needs to be patched removing the whitelist for the device
> ids allowed to be virtualized.
> But the interesting part is how NVIDIA detects that the GPU is
> virtualized...

Interesting. I was thinking that the BIOS/firmware would run itself
in the virtualized or non-virtualized code depending on the device id.
But you seem to imply that it is all in the OS driver code.

At which point the idea of just modifying in QEMU the PCI device ID
to be different would .. well, make it possible to do a lot of
neat stuff as Gordan pointed out.

In terms of legal issues of patching up a windows kernel driver and
showing other folks how to do it?

No idea. Presumarily there is some license thing that you had agreed
when you installed the Nvidia driver - check to see what it says.