Re: [Xen-devel] pv kernel panic xen 4.4 unstable with large number of vcpus and default max_event_channel

On dom, 2013-12-01 at 01:03 -0500, Elena Ufimtseva wrote:
> Hi
>
> pv kernel crashes when starting guest with vcpus above 150 with latest
> linux kernel.

Wow... >150 vcpus for a single guest? What is it that you are up to
here?!? :-P :-P

> WIth increase of max_event_channel it boots (I tried
> 4096).

I don't remember the exact numbers. This:
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_4.3_Feature_List#Performance_and_Scalability_Enhancements
says you should be able to reach 750 vcpus, but it's probably
_in_total_, not necessarily within a single guest.

Also, these talks should have some numbers (although the latter is about
XenServer), but again, it's mostly about total number, I think:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz52hxKbv5I
http://www.slideshare.net/xen_com_mgr/jonathandavies-xenservervmdensity20131024-1

Dario