Re: [Xen-devel] Question about ARM SMMU500 in Xen

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, gmddufpark@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
>
> You must be the right person who can provide right answer.

Actually xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx is the right place for any Xen on ARM
questions.

> As you may know, SMMU 500 has been released from ARM and most of
> enterprise SoC will have as the guidance from ARM and there was open
> work items, âIOMMU support in Xenâ, on
> http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_TODO
>
> Would you hint me Xen communityâs plan to support SMMU 500 in Xen?

We would love to have SMMU 500 support in Xen, however Xen is in feature
freeze for the Xen 4.4 release at the moment so we are mostly focussed
on debugging the existing features right now. The release is scheduled
for early next year.

If you are thinking of writing the driver yourself, be sure that we
would be happy to accept your contribution. Otherwise you might have to
wait for Xen 4.5 (late next year).

In the meantime, DMA is safe in dom0 thanks to the swiotlb-xen driver in
Linux. The patches to enable it on ARM have just gone upstream: