Re: [Xen-devel] Xen for real-time/embedded/automotive

That's very cool! You know, at some point, probably when you/we would
have a bit more of this in place, I'll probably ask if you want to write
a post on our blog (http://blog.xen.org/) about it! :-D
I'll have to clear it with my manager, but I can't see any problems with it. Have to get it running first though.

 Looking at the Real-Time Xen project, it is built around millisecond
 resolution. That was fine for motion control about 20 years ago, but
 nowadays everyone is working sub-millisecond.

Yeah, well, let's investigate what the limit is and try to push harder
on it then. From my previous experience with real-time on Linux, it's
possiblee to go sub-milliseconds, although not without some tricks.
Personally, I think it's both possible and worthwhile to try to figure
out what are the tricks required for us to get as near as possible to
that!
That is exactly the response I was  hoping for.

HeHe... It's about Linux, but I just can't resist:

<<Controlling a laser with Linux is crazy, but everyone in this room is
crazy in his own way. So if you want to use Linux to control an
industrial welding laser, I have no problem with your using
PREEMPT_RT.>> Torvalds, Linus (2007)

Of course, substitute 'Linux' with 'Xen', and PREEMPT_RT with either
RT-Xen, or whatever we could come up with in the long run! :-P :-P
Sounds perfect to me.

PNG image