Re: [Xen-devel] GeForce 4xx/Fermi to Quadro Modifying Quide

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:26:44 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From what I can see there are several variants of the GTX460,
> some with the GF104 GPU, others with the GF114 GPU. There is no
> Quadro based on the GF114, but there are two mobile Quadro
> variants based on it: Q3000M and Q4000M.
>
> The GTX460 variants have the following device IDs:
> GeForce GTX 460            0x0E22

That is the one!

> GeForce GTX 460 SE 0x0E23
> GeForce GTX 460            0x0E24
>
> The corresponding Quadros have IDs:
>
> Quadro 3000M       0x0E3A
> Quadro 4000M       0x0E3B
>
> So you _should_ be able to modify your card into one of those,
> since the adjustment range is within the bottom 5 bits of the
> device ID and the GPU itself is the same.
>
> Q4000M looks like a closer match. I'd say it's certainly
> worth a try. :)

Success! My desktop machine now sports an Q4000M. It went
flawless - with most of the time spent on double-checking
the computations.

Splendid! Is this a Linux or Windows machine (or do you dual
boot it)?

> I don't recall that virtualization is technically supported
> on the mobile series GPUs, but it might work just fine.
> Please report back whether it works if you try it, and
> perhaps add the model to the successfully tested passthrough
> GPUs on the wiki page. :)

OK, will report back.

I hadn't yet done the passthrough part. Will do that next week.

Woot!

Please do let us know how if it works. :)

Gordan