Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-unstable test] 22066: regressions - FAIL

2013/11/23 Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Saturday, November 23, 2013, 9:33:12 AM, you wrote:

> On Sat, 2013-11-23 at 00:50 +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Thursday, November 21, 2013, 6:44:35 PM, you wrote:

>> > Yes, but that needs to pass regression testing on the xen-unstable
>> > branch before the qemu branch will be tested against it. xen-unstable is
>> > currently not going through for unrelated reasons but I expect it will
>> > unwedge tonight.
>>
>> > Ian.
>>

>> Hi Ian / Stefano,
>>
>> Is the tree and branch being tested here published somewhere ?

> All of the details are in each test pass/failure report. Follow the URL
> and click on one of the column headers.
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/22066/
=>>
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/22066/build-amd64/info.html
=>>
>              tree_qemuu
> git://xenbits.xen.org/staging/qemu-upstream-unstable.git

>> A commit of mine is in there, but i can't find it where i would expected in:

> Where is "there"?

If i pull that tree i can't find patches from Wei Liu and me, from  more than a month ago fixing build errors when enabling debug in qemu:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/174

Perhaps i misinterpreted my name being in the list of who "touched the revision under test" and is it merely a tested-by or something like that.
How ever then the question would be, why aren't these patches upstreamed yet ?
(which seems to support my earlier cry out that the Qemu dependency of Xen seems to be a bit neglected at the moment, i let that discussion
go for the time being, see how it goes ...)

The qemu patch must be based on master of upstream
http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
and posted on qemu-devel mailing list, the previous push of upstream qemu patches from xen were made by Stefano Stabellini, so I think is good add to cc Stefano Stabellini, Anthony Perard (as qemu maintainers) and qemu-devel on all qemu patches.
Now qemu is on freeze for 1.7 but if the patches are fixes and good may be accepted.
When you'll resend them you could add also me as cc, so I will help test them, unfortunately seems that the testing of xen with qemu upstream is still too little :(