Re: [Xen-devel] cache coloring

On 22/11/13 09:48, Andrea Braschi wrote:
Hi everybody,
I'm Andrea and I'm a student from Politecnico di Milano, for a project at my university I need to implement cache coloring for the third level cache for xen-4.2.3 .I'm quite lost in this huge amount of code and documentation and I was wondering if here someone could help me answering some little questions:

-where is the code implementing the buddy allocator for the third level caches?(i've found two buddies but none of them seems to me the right one...I'll be implementig this in order to support x86 64 bit architecture)

None - there is nothing special about the L3 cache as far as memory management is concerned.  The buddy allocators present are just for allocation of RAM.

-there's a documentation about it?

I apologize if that's not the right list (if it's not please tell me where I can ask) and I hope I was clear in explaining my problem.

This is probably the best place to ask.

~Andrew

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Andrea