Re: [Xen-devel] Xen for real-time/embedded/automotive

à I didn't realize there was enough low level C to be interesting. I'll go back and have a look at it.

I donât know whether this is in fact the case. I CCâed Anil from Mirage. He should know. Wait to hear from him before you do anything

Lars

From: Simon Martin [mailto:smartin@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 November 2013 14:23
To: lars.kurth@xxxxxxx; Dario Faggioli; xen-devel
Cc: Lars Kurth; Roland Heusser; Artem Mygaiev; Lovene Bhatia; Sisu Xi; Stefano Stabellini; George Dunlap; Joshua Whitehead; Drek Darkover; Stefano Panella; Nate Studer; mdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Anil Madhavapeddy
Subject: Re[2]: [Xen-devel] Xen for real-time/embedded/automotive

I am wondering whether there is some prior art that the Mirage OS (http://xenproject.org/developers/teams/mirage-os.html, https://github.com/mirage ) team has done, which you could build upon/re-use/look at. Obviously you wouldn't need any of the higher level OCaml language stuff. I will let Anil respond, whether there is anything that you could use.

Thanks Lars,

I started off looking at the mirage-os, but got totally frightened off by the OCaml :-). That learning curve was way too much, learn the language to then learn the system. I didn't realize there was enough low level C to be interesting. I'll go back and have a look at it.

Regards.