Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 21977: trouble: blocked/broken/fail/pass

On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 11:05 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 21977: trouble:
> blocked/broken/fail/pass"):
> > On Sun, 2013-11-17 at 02:45 +0000, xen.org wrote:
> > > flight 21977 xen-unstable real [real]
> > > http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/21977/
> > >
> > > Failures and problems with tests :-(
> > >
> > > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > > including tests which could not be run:
> > >  build-armhf                   2 host-install(2)         broken REGR. vs.
> > > 21938
> >
> > Seems that xenuse requires a new python module:
> >         2013-11-16 17:16:56 Z power: setting 0 for marilith-n5
> >         2013-11-16 17:16:56 Z XenUse overriding $USER to osstest
> >         Traceback (most recent call last):
> >           File "/usr/groups/xenrt/production/share/control/xenrt", line 8,
> > in <module>
> >             import sys, string, getopt, urllib, os, pwd, tempfile,
> > xmlrpclib, shutil, json
> >         ImportError: No module named json
> >         Traceback (most recent call last):
> >           File "/usr/groups/xenrt/production/share/control/xenrt", line 8,
> > in <module>
> >             import sys, string, getopt, urllib, os, pwd, tempfile,
> > xmlrpclib, shutil, json
> >         ImportError: No module named json
> >
> > I have installed python-json on woking and xenuse seems happy now.
>
> Oh, sorry.  (I have reverted that armhf push gate allow change.)
>

> Ian, can we have our own copy of xenuse ?  This kind of damage is
> pretty annoying.  All of the other software we use is covered by push
> gates so in theory regressions don't break everything.

John is this possible? Since xenuse talks to xenrt I suspect not since
xenrt server side breakage would still hit us.

The other alternative is that we switch to direct ipmi frobbing of the
machines in question. I'd been thinking of doing that, just a matter of
finding some minutes for the necessary coding.