Re: [Xen-devel] pvgrub2 is merged

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013, M A Young wrote:

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013, Vladimir 'Ï-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

On 13.11.2013 20:06, M A Young wrote:
It doesn't seem to understand sub-partitions. I can get it to work if
the boot files are in /dev/xvda but not in /dev/xvda1 .

insmod part_msdos
insmod part_gpt

Right, if I add those to the embedded grub.cfg file I get to the standard grub menu and the boot starts. However the boot doesn't get very far - it loads the kernel and the initrd file and starts the kernel but the kernel doesn't see the virtual disks so it doesn't get very far.

Using xenstore-ls from the dom0 on the guest when the boot stops the local/domain/2/device/vbd/51712 section looks like
      backend = "/local/domain/0/backend/vbd/2/51712"
      backend-id = "0"
      state = "6\000"
      virtual-device = "51712"
      device-type = "disk"
      ring-ref = "\000"
      event-channel = "\000"
      protocol = "x86_64-abi\000"

As nothing else has null character endings I suspend that is wrong.

        Michael Young