Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.4 development update: Feature freeze has started

On lun, 2013-11-11 at 17:18 +0000, George Dunlap wrote:

> = Timeline =
>
> Here is our current timeline based on a 6-month release:
>
> * Feature freeze: 18 October 2013 <== WE ARE HERE
> * Code freezing point: 18 November 2013 (Note date change)
> * First RC: 6 December 2013
> * Release: 21 January 2014

> === Big ticket items ===

> * Meta: PVIO NUMA improvements
>  - NUMA affinity for vcpus
>     owner: Dario
>     status: Patches posted

v2 posted, with a new, more general, architecture.

>  - PV guest NUMA interface
>     owner: Elena
>     status: v2 posted

v2 posted, right Elena? I'm on it reviewing right now.

>  - Sensible dom0 NUMA layout

I did start working on something related to this, but had to stop. I'd
mark this as 'deferred to 4.5', or something like that.

>  - Toolstack pinning backend thread / virq to appropraite d0 vcpu

This has a dependency on all the three above (vcpu soft affinity, vNUMA
and dom0 layout).

>  - NUMA-aware ballooning
>     owner: Li Yechen
>     status: in progress

I think Yechen is still interested/working on this, but this has a
dependency on vNUMA, so at this point it may be worth waiting a bit more
to see how vNUMA end up being.

> * NUMA Memory migration
>   owner: dario@citrix
>   status: In progress

Deferred to 4.5. Honestly, although it is true I posted an RFC a while
back, since nothing more than that hit @xen-devel as of last Oct 18, I
think this should probably be in the section below ("Missed the feature
freeze").

> == Missed the feature freeze ==

> * HVM guest NUMA
>   owner: Matt Wilson@amazon