[Xen-devel] checksum errors with large send

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:26:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:26:52 +0000

A user has reported a problem with GPLPV with large packets, having looked at a
tcpdump I can see that a large packet (10k) is being sent, but the resulting
packets received at the other end have incorrect TCP checksums. The checksums
of the received packets are all different to each other, so something is making
an attempt to calculate a checksum, which I assume is the hardware. In theory,
the windows

It all works fine on my systems - I get line speed on gigabit hardware with no
bad checksums, so I can't think what is going on, unless the way windows
calculates the pseudoheader  checksum isn't compatible with what Linux wants...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

James