Re: [Xen-devel] Issue with ARM: Network doesn't work in the guest

On 11/06/2013 10:12 AM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, mail fetch wrote:
2013/10/29, mail fetch <fetchmail.0104@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

I just saw a know bug from wiki that network doesn't work in guest in
arndale board :

Network doesn't work in the guest

Contact: julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx
plugged

What's the latest status?

best regards
Mail

Any comments?

Sorry for the late reply. Usually we respond pretty quickly but you
caught us between Xen Developer Summit and Linaro Connect: most Xen
hackers were traveling. In fact Julien Grall is still AFK and he
is the one that knows the answer.

I think that the 1:1 workaround in dom0 (that is having pseudo-physical
addresses == physical addresses for dom0) should fix it. Give a look at

Actually it's not enough. The problem is because when the balloon driver will release a page, Xen will populate with a new allocated page. So it will break the 1:1 Workaround. The commit eee34edcd1daecb70560dfe23009af2e65f7d26d on my tree in xenbits (git://xenbits.xen.org/people/julieng/xen-unstable.git) aims to fix this issue. I will try to remember to update the wiki page monday when I will come back to the office.

Stefano: A couple of weeks ago, you told me you plan to rework this commit for the swiotlb, is it still relevant?

--
Julien Grall