Re: [Xen-devel] Intermittent fatal page fault with XEN 4.3.1 (Centos 6.3 DOM0 with linux kernel 3.10.16.)

>>> On 06.11.13 at 18:07, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/11/13 17:06, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 16:54 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
>>> I looked over the xl code and thought that nestedhvm should default to
>>> false, but I would prefer someone more familar with libxl and the idl to
>>> confirm what the default should be.
>> libxl thinks the default is false and will set HVM_PARAM_NESTEDHVM to 0
>> in that case. Is there some way to query the hypervisor for what it
>> thinks the setting is?
>
> A get hvmparam hypercall will retrieve the value, but it is initialised
> to 0 and only ever set by a set hvmparam hypercall.

Which makes me start suspecting that the guest might be deriving
its information on VMX being available from something other than
CPUID. Of course we ought to confirm that we don't unintentionally
return the VMX flag set (and that the config file doesn't override it
in this way - I think we shouldn't be suppressing user overrides
here, but I didn't go check whether we do).

Jan