Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] probably FAQ: latest xen PV api/abi specs

On Tue, 5 Nov 2013, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this might be an FAQ but I'm looking for the documentation for the xen
> guest API/ABI exposed to domU kernels on arm. The wiki says it isn't
> yet set in stone and WIP but I hope someone is already working on
> documenting it. Any pointers?

Hello Goswin,
please note that the right list for upstream Xen on ARM discussions is
xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx xen-arm is to discuss the older PV port by
Samsung. I know this is confusing, sorry.

Unfortunately such a document still needs to be written but it would be
truly great to have it. I'll offer you an endless supply of beers at the
next Xen Developer Summit if you write one :-)

We do have a list of exported hypercalls here:

xen/include/public/arch-arm.h

You might also want to give a look at the device tree interface (under
Linux):

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/xen.txt

And still under Linux:

arch/arm/xen/enlighten.c

From which is clear that:

- the start_info page is not used;

- the shared_info page is mapped using
XENMEM_add_to_physmap(XENMAPSPACE_shared_info);

- all vcpu_info pages are mapped using VCPUOP_register_vcpu_info, even
  the one for cpu0;

- the grant table is mapped using
  XENMEM_add_to_physmap(XENMAPSPACE_grant_table) in the memory range
  specified on the device tree xen node;

- event channel notifications are delivered using the a percpu GIC
  interrupt.