Re: [Xen-devel] Vmx_vmenter_helper() and hvm_inject_page_fault()

>>> On 06.11.13 at 10:31, Razvan Cojocaru <rzvncj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is it safe to call  hvm_inject_page_fault() (with PFEC_user_mode set)
> in vmx_vmenter_helper()?

At a first glance I would say "no" here, ...

> A related question: is it OK to check that we're in user mode there
> with "!guest_kernel_mode(current, guest_cpu_user_regs())"?

... and yes here, pointing out that in both cases this is likely
wrong anyway (as being too late in the process, and as being
bogus, since there shouldn't be anything [other than perhaps
logging for debugging purposes] at this point that could possibly
cause you to need to do either of the two).

Jan