[Xen-devel] Proposal to archive xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [vote open until Nov 11]

Hi all,

the existance of the xen-arm list is causing quite a bit of confusion, in particular amongst new users and developers of Xen on ARM.

With Xen ARM support being in and Xen ARM PV having increasingly less activity, my proposal would be to archive the xen-arm list and redirect to xen-devel and xen-users as appropriate.

In other words: we would
* Remove the list from http://www.xenproject.org/help/mailing-list.html (there should be an archive page which I will create) * Remove references to the list from wiki and other web real-estate on xenproject.org
* Make an announcement on xen-arm to announce closure
* Close the list to new posts
* Set the list up such that an mail sent to xen-arm causes an auto-response asking people to post on either xen-devel or xen-users (using the ARM or ARMPV tag in the subject line)

Those in favour of a vote: Vote open till next Monday, the 11th.
* Please reply with "+1"
* Those against please reply with "-1" and state a reason

As this affects two projects (Hypervisor and Xen on ARM), I would argue that this is a local vote and that maintainers of the Xen Hypervisor and Xen on ARM can vote as per http://www.xenproject.org/governance.html (formal votes).

Best Regards
Lars