Re: [Xen-devel] About "(XEN) Interrupt remapping disablde" log

On 01/11/13 14:49, æäæ wrote:
hi,
If Xen dump "(XEN) Interrupt remapping disalbed", can I stll pass through video adapter to domain U ?
1. I think interrupt remapping isÂmust for passthrough pci deviceÂwhich can generate interrupt. right?

Interrupt remapping is not required for PCIPassthrough to function. Simple DMA remapping is sufficient.

Interrupt remapping is required for security reasons. If you are also the administrator of your domU and trust your domU graphics driver not to maliciously attack Xen, then it is ok to not use interrupt remapping.

~Andrew

thanks
huiming