[Xen-devel] Guest to Host communication

Hi,

My name is Jose and I work at Google on the Ganeti project.
I am using Xen 4.0.

I would like to ask your advice on what you think is the best way to
send data between the guest and the host, for example, the guest OS
tells Ganeti that it wants to be reinstalled at reboot time.  Even a
simple integer suffices for our purposes.

We have considered adding a new device, such as, a char/block device.
For example, we could add an SSD device that is backed by a file.  We
have also considered a separate console.

What do you think is the preferred approach to this problem?

Thanks,
Jose

--
Jose Antonio Lopes
Ganeti Engineering

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth Flores
Steuernummer: 48/725/00206
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE813741370