Re: [Xen-devel] kexec: Clearing registers just before jumping into purgatory

Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 06:59:41PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:

>> > I just read /proc/kallsyms. I'm really not doing anything complicated.

>> > Isn't that ksplice?
>>
>> So, you have a variant of ksplice which is able to kexec?
>
> No, I manually look up some addresses from /proc/kallsyms and then
> modify them in the second kernel.

An interesting approach I think most of the rest of us would have just
built a module, or rebuilt our kernels.

Now if this is a backwards argument to remove that silly code path it
totally fails because now we know the code has not bit-rotted and
that there are active users.

If you are still pushing the signed-boot agenda I eagerly await your
patches to make all of this work in a sensible way with signed binaries.

Eric