Re: [Xen-devel] Processed: Re: [HVM} xen_platform_pci=0 doesn't prevent platform device creation and disk and nic take over by PV drivers.

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 05:22:47PM +0200, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
> > The original message was simply:
> >> While trying to get to the bottom of my passthrough problem with the rom
> >> bar,
> >> i noticed that specifiying "xen_platform_pci=0" in the config file does
> >> not prevent
> >> the platform device to appear in my HVM guest and consequently the disk
> >> and nic are taken over.
> >>
> >> Running latest xen-unstable, together with upstream qemu and upstream
> >> seabios.

I've start looking at this, and the fix would be easy: removing the
creation of the xen-platform from QEMU, and let xl ask QEMU to create
it.

But if one uses an older version of one project (qemu/xl) and a newer
version of the other, then we can end-up with no xen-platform or two
xen-platform ...

So should we try to be clever about this, or just backport patchs for
both qemu and xl?

"Clever" option: There is a recent patch for xl that make use of
the -nodefault QEMU's command line option. So if it's present, we could
ask QEMU to not add xen-platform, and xl can decide.

Thought?

Regards,

--
Anthony PERARD